11. This module’s videos have tried to make some important points about your ability to learn. Which of the following points do you think were among those being made?
- Don’t just blindly follow your passions–also work to broaden your passions by keeping yourself open to learning new things, even if you feel you don’t have a talent for them.
- You cannot change your natural talents–if you’re not good at something, you should avoid it.
- We ordinarily think of learning as something we do when we sit down to study a book. But actually, being able to learn more easily and deeply involves many important facets–including not only periods of focused concentration, but also periods of relaxation, and even times when the body is simply out getting exercise. Your brain can be busy figuring things out during times when you have absolutely no conscious awareness of it.
- Stepping back and learning how to learn can help you maintain a flexibility and openness that can help you in many areas of your life.